Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Celebrating 6 Months With Our Miracle

6 months ago, at this time, Ryan and I were getting settled into my hospital room. I was scheduled to be induced on April 3rd, but Landon had decided, on his own, that April 3rd would be his birthday. I had been having very mild contractions for the past 3-4 days, but I woke up at 1am from them and didn't go back to sleep. I tried to go back to sleep, knowing that the next day I was going to have this baby whether I was ready or not, but sleep didn't come. I watched the clock... my alarm was going to go off at 6. I tried to keep track of the contractions on the phone app Ryan had downloaded for this very purpose, but they weren't consistent every time. By the time we got to the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitor they found that they were coming 3 min apart. They decided they didn't need to induce me since I was already in labor. At 2 o clock they put me on pitocin (the death drug) and told me they would be back to check on me in two hours. I played bananagrams with my family, went on facebook, Ryan snuck me small bites of his muffin (they told me not to eat), I was enjoying every last moment, knowing that my life was about to change forever.

At 3 o clock the pitocin (the death drug) kicked in. Ryan was about to go get another game in the car and I told him ummmm "I don't think I can play games anymore." Our family left and for the next hour I "labored" (it's self explanatory). A nurse came in at 3:45 and I begged her to let me start pushing. She didn't believe that I was ready, but she checked me (I think more to get me to shut up) and found that I was 9cm dilated. "OH, you are ready!! Ok, just wait for 5 more contractions while I go get the doctor and the team." They were NOT ready for Landon yet! The last 5 contractions were 100x worse than painful! Landon wanted OUT and he wanted out NOW! Ryan was so amazing during the whole labor. I don't think I could of done it without his encouragement and support. Around 4 o clock tons of people came into the room and set up their stuff behind a curtain. The doctor never did make it, but the head nurse came. I started pushing at 4 and at 4:32 Landon was born. They took him immediately behind the curtain where he was evaluated. The nurse that delivered Landon told me that it was the fastest first time labor and delivery she'd ever seen. She told me I was made for having babies. hahaha

He was perfect


 Then I got to meet my child, for the first time, face to face.

 I will never be the same.



After a long fight we brought him home and let me tell you that first day I was scared to death of that tiny creature.


But OH how I quickly fell head over heels!!


 He turned ONE month old today!



 His facial expressions had me laughing out loud everyday!!









 2 Months old today! AND It's our 1 year Wedding anniversary! We dressed up to celebrate.



Finally get some tummy time


Happy Fathers Day Papa!!







 Starting to learn how to sit


 Trying to do a back flip over his boppy. Silliest kid EVER!


 Still loves his favorite book :)


 I'm 4 months!!


Papa buried me in my toys!


 First time sitting on my own!









5 Months Old!!





 He loves his ball



Highlight of this month was getting to meet uncle Matty



 Looking up at uncle Matty





 I just learned to grab my toes



AND NOW I'm 6 Months OLD!!

WHAT I'm really 6 MONTHS OLD!!!





Dear Landon,

Oh my child, it seems like just yesterday that I held you for the first time and today you're already half way to a year old. How can that be?  

You are such a joy Landon. You are happy and content from the time I find you awake in your crib to the time we put you to bed. You love being held, but you are happy to play on the floor by yourself too. You love watching the cars go by outside. You love grabbing things and bringing them to your mouth. You love when we read or sing to you. You love it when daddy comes home for lunch. You love when we hold your hands and help you stand up. You love stroller rides and staring at ceiling fans.

I remember how scared I was that I would never get to cherish these moments with you Landon. We have cried countless tears and said countless prayers for you. You are our miracle baby boy. You are covered with Gods finger prints and that's clear to everyone who knows you. You amaze the doctors, Your heart has grown more than they ever thought possible. In whatever challenges you face in the future Landon, you remember that God has you here for a purpose. You are going to do great things.

You have taught us so much. You have changed us. We want to be the people that God created us to be so that as you grow and watch us, you will come to know Jesus. We long for our love for you to draw you to the love of the Father. We will make mistakes, but He never will. 

Always know that there's nothing that can stop our love for you Landon. Happy 6 month birthday love bug!

Your Mama


We would love to hear how Landon's life has impacted you. I know some of you follow Landon from all over the world and we would love to know about you. If our child has inspired or encouraged you in any way, please tell us how. You can leave a comment on this blog or you can email me at nnmaxwell03@gmail.com
We would love to document all of the comments and share them with Landon when he is old enough to realize how God has been using him since before he was born.

Thank you!





No comments: