Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Long journey


It is now 6:06 PM Tuesday night. We both worked all day, got home, grabbed our luggage and supper we packed the night before and now we’re on the road.

I got a call on Monday at work from U of M. The lady I talked to told me they want to see me as soon as possible. I figured as much, but I thought they would give me a week to schedule. Nope, she told me Wednesday at 8 or 11? This Wednesday? I had to catch me breath. Ummmmmm…. Yeah that will work, we’ll take the one at 11. So here we are. The most spur of the moment 6 hour drive I’ve ever taken. We’ll get to my aunts around 11 or 12, head to our appointment in the morning and then take off for home after that. We both want to miss the least amount of work as possible, so this is going to be a very fast trip.

I can’t help but feel that this trip is just the beginning of a very long journey. It’s dark and there’s not many others out traveling, but I can look over and see Ryan, my God chosen partner. I find so much comfort in knowing we are in this together. No one else is traveling in here with us, no one else could fully understand the passion and love we have for our son. We know that God is going before us and paving the way, though it may not be easy, it’s where we’re supposed to be.

No comments: