Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Best Mothers Day Present!!

Landon astonished everyone today with a 1Ib weight gain in 9 days. When I saw 7.11 on the scale it took a while for it to really sink in. I was just hoping for over 7Ibs. After she took his blood pressure, the nurse weighed him again because she said Dr. Fernandez wouldn't believe her that he gained that much in a week. I was blown away. That is a lot of weight gain for a heart baby. That doesn't just happen. I told the nurse it's because he has so many people praying for him. That's why he keeps amazing the doctors :)

Dr. Fernandez told me not to change his formula at all because it's obviously working. He listened to his heart and said that it sounds really good. He told me that, "I'm doing a good job, he looks really good". It meant so much to have him tell me I'm doing a good job. The only bummer to the appointment was that he said no to us going to watch my dad run the Fargo Half Marathon next weekend. Even though he would be outside, there's just going to be to many people there. Other than that it was a perfect appointment. Roxanne was able to come with and it was so nice to have someone to visit with during the long wait for his meds. He got put on one more med because his reflux has gotten worse since the switch to formula. I never thought I'd be so comfortable with a syringe, but it's amazing how you adjust your life and before you know it, it's just your daily routine.

Because Landon is doing so well, we will not need to go back next week. A week without any appointments? Could it really be true? Dr. Fernandez even said if he keeps doing so well, he will eventually only need monthly check-ups. This is such great news! We are so proud of our lil trooper.

I truly do attribute this victory completely to prayer. Thank you everyone for caring and loving our son so much and keeping him and our family in your prayers. We love being home. We love being a family. Today was such a huge day for our family and for me it was the best Mothers Day present. Just knowing that he's doing good. Just knowing that I'm doing a good job taking care of him.... it means so much.

4 comments:

The K. Family said...

Yeah! Your mom just shared Landon's dr. appt. results. Now that is some perfect news!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Natalie!!!

Lisa said...

Awesome! Have a happy first Mother's Day.

The McCannes said...

Yippee!! So glad to hear Landon gained a pound!! Praise the Lord! Have a great Mother's Day Natalie. We will continue to pray for you all. Do you have any new pics of Landon to post?

Maxwell mama said...

Yes, I have so many! I tried posting some a couple days ago, but it didn't work. I'll remind Ryan to work on that this weekend.